Can manipulation performed under anesthesia (CPT 23700) before Arthroscopy and Biceps Tenodesis be billed together? This is bundled with CPT 29827 and 23430 but can bypass the edit with modifier 59. Manipulation was done due to patients limited range of motion after being placed on table and under anesthesia to improve his ROM prior to beginning the arthroscopy. I am new to coding shoulder surgeries but do not feel this is a circumstance where 59 should be utilized to bill 23700. If anyone could provide their viewpoint on this it would be greatly appreciated.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join