We would have coded skin biopsy- 11100. We would notify the patient of the path results and determined a future treatment plan. If they came back in, we would have charged an E/M level with a 25 modifier along with the excision procedure performed. Depending on the excision procedure- 11400-11646- these are global and will put the patient into a ten day global for all post-op visits. Usually, insurance pay for the whole surgical package depending on the diagnosis and we would also let the patient know they will probably get a bill from the pathologist as well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join