I am doing the coding class now and used to work at funeral home for almost 5 years. I would suggest to do nothing to it unless a.) that is the deceased actual primary physician, and be make sure the death certificate passes the states guidelines first before you code anything. The state will ensure the proper formalities of the death certificate. If there is anything slightly wrong with it the state will not accept the death certificate and certify it. Hopefully that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join