A professional service is defined as any face to face service and reported by a specific CPT code. If your physician is supervising a stress test (93015) he is reporting a code that is considered providing a face to face service. If all he did was interpret the stress test and reported that with code 93018 then it would not be considered a face to face service. If the new patient visit is being done on the same day as the stress test you could add modifier 25 to the E/M as long as the documentation supported it.
Hope this is helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join