I have a question to you,, do you have resident/fellows working with you at the hospital that you are assisting in performing the surgeries? If so, then assistant surgeon is not necessary and CMS or any other insurance company will not pay.
The codes you have listed don't need assistant surgeon, they are pretty basic surgeries. You may have to call CMS and found out what exactly they are wanting from your practice as far as the op note.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join