Can we code debridement 11010 along with the open fracture code on this scenario:
Dissection was carried down between the extensor digitorum communis muscle and the extensor carpi radialis muscle. THe Supinator muscle was lifted up subperiosteally from distal to proximal from the mid radius shaft. The fracture was easily encountered. It was comminuted. The would was irrigated well and the fracture was curetted clean of muscle and blood within the fracture site. reduction was then performed. Then an incision was made over the ulnar bone. subcutaneous dissection was carried out sharply & bluntly. The skin wound was ellipsed in the incision. THe fractured ends of the ulna were curetted clean and irrigated copiously. the fracture was communited. Reduction was performed.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join