AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Medicare WWE

Default Medicare WWE

AAPC: Back to School
    We have had every Medicare claim (2011 dates of service) for a WWE deny since we did the 5010 update for

"CO-4: The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required modifier is missing. Note: Refer to the 835 Healthcare Identification Segment (loop 2110 Service Payment Information REF), if present".

We are submitting the claims they way we always have;
    Q0091-GA as weh have an ABN on file.

Is anyone else having this problem? I wanted to try here prior to calling Medicare as normally they cannot help and I have a hard time navigating their website. Am I supposed to be using a new modifier?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marcie S., CPC

Okay, Just wanted to update everyone;

Per Medicare, they think they were deneid due to us not adding the modifiers in all caps. This is something I overlooked as it used to be done automatically prior to the last upgrade. If anyone else is having this issue, this may be a simple solution.

Marcie S, CPC

Similar Threads

1. Documenting WWE and E/M same day
    By Natalie White in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2015, 07:22 PM
  2. Medicaid billing for wwe
    By driecam@yahoo.com in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 10:42 AM
  3. Ordering Mammogram on WWE
    By MJ4ever in forum OB/GYN