This is the language from the LCD (L24273) - Application of Bioengineered Skin Substitutues
9. Providers should note that CPT 2011 includes a parenthetical statement following codes 15340 and 15341, as follows:
“(Do not report 15340, 15341 in conjunction with 11042, 15002-15005).” Even though 15340 and 15341 are supplanted
for Medicare coding purposes by G0440 and G0441 which contain no similar restrictive language, NAS believes that it is
appropriate to follow the same logic for these G-codes as for 15340 and 15341. These debridement codes will be denied
if used in conjunction with G0440 or G0441.
Hope that helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join