This is what I found on lead recalls in my Dr Z reference guide 2012:
"If there is a lead recall and the patientâ€™s existing generator requires exchange unrelated to the recall, submit code 33240, 33230 or 33231 depending on number of chambers with leads for generator removal and the new generator placement. Use code 33216-FB for the â€śfree leadâ€ť placement."
I haven't coded a lead recall as of yet. This was all I could find...hope this helps.
Kim Floyd, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join