ER infusions,pushes etc.

1. Default ER infusions,pushes etc.
    Exam Training Packages
    Are all hospital coders doing the ER coding for infusions, pushes, injections etc.?

I work within the ED and provide the E/M, CPT and infusion coding for the hospital facility charges. The HIM department provides the ICD-9's at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by drakat View Post
    Are all hospital coders doing the ER coding for infusions, pushes, injections etc.?
    Every hospital I have worked in thus far, these codes are generated thru the chargemaster when the nursing staff enters the info into the system. When they open the drug they are to enter the charge code, when they do this the chargemaster selects the correct CPT code as well. I know not every hospital works this way. However in the ones I have been in which is several, the coders only coded the ICD-9 CM codes and the CPT in the range of 10000-69999

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

In my hospital ED coders they have to capture everything (ICD, CPT, Injections , EKG and other procedures (laceration,etc.,)

I code for ED in a small hospital in Northern MN and I capture all ICD9 and CPT for facility and pro side.
    PeaPod

I also code ED hospital based and we have to capture all charges as well, not our system.

Brooke Bierman, CPC, CPB
    Coding & Billing Manager
    2014 President AAPC Des Moines Chapter

The ED coders in the hospital I work for charge all infusions, pushes, injections.
    Susan Kelly, CPC