Most commercial carriers follow CPT guidelines. You would only bill out antepartum care if you didn't provide the global service, which includes the delivery and postpartum care. If you have a patient that you only see for up to 3 antepartum visits, you bill out each visit as an E/M code. If the patient is seen for 4-6 antepartum visits you would simply bill 59425, once. If the patient is seen for 7 or more you bill 59426, once. Granted, you only bill these if you did not provide the global service.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join