CMS Manual System
Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS)
Pub 100-04 Medicare Claims Processing
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Date: April 22, 2011
The process for dealing with one international unit (IU) is the same as the process of dealing with one microgram.
HCPCS Drug Dosage Actual dosage:
J9355 Trastuzumab 10 mg 140 mg
On the bill, the facility shows J9355 and 14 in the units field (140 mg divided by 10mg = 14 units).
When the dosage amount is greater than the amount indicated for the HCPCS code, the facility rounds up to determine units. When the dosage amount is less than the amount indicated for the HCPCS code, use 1 as the unit of measure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join