Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maxim

Default maxim
    Medical Coding Books
    I tested with them but and called them like two days later to see if they received my fax. My recruiter Jenna said that they received it and they were waiting for the results. I have not heard from them since. But it has been over 2 weeks and I would assume they would have the results by not. yea or nay to passing.
    LMJohnson, CPC

Default maxim
    I also recently tested for them and found out the next day that I passed the test. I feel the same as the other posters about feeling strung along since I was told I would have an interview wth a lead coder only to be told 2 days later that they didn't get the contract and that the hiring is on hold. My recruiter told me to check in with him periodically as he plans on hiring me. Out of curiousity I will keep in contact with him, and because I am already employed full time I am not out anything by waiting.
    Jen RCC, CPC

3. Default
    I too tested, my recruiter is Jenna-apparently the remote project is on hold so she'll get back to me as soon as it's available. I didn't get my test results yet, seems they backlogged on the tests and providing scores to those who took it. I did get an email from them stating that they are in need of travelling coders....I did reply to that email, have not heard anything yet.

I worked for Maxim for 2 years on their VA contracts and never had a problem. I always had work in my "que". No other coders could take any charts out of your "que" only a manager could reassign them if needed.

80 charts a day was required .

5. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by mniski View Post
    I worked for Maxim for 2 years on their VA contracts and never had a problem. I always had work in my "que". No other coders could take any charts out of your "que" only a manager could reassign them if needed.

80 charts a day was required .
    Do you still work for Maxim?

Were you a full time external employee for the VA division of Maxim? If so, are they reliable to hire you full time or will you only be employed for a few years or less. Please let me know because they have just offered this to me.
    Last edited by cmsaral; 10-19-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Maxim requires you to pass their exam and they will notify you if you passed or not but depending on your location and what you're looking for they will call you is what I was told.
    Kiana CPC, CPC-H, BCS-M, BCS-R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12