I believe these went into effect 4/1/12. Some commercial payers, like BCBS, are recognizing and paying for these codes. From everything I've seen, Medicare has no allowable for these services, nor are they on the carrier priced list for my state (Florida).
I agree with you, getting codes for these previously unreimbursed services is a really big deal. It is definately a step in the right direction. Now we just need the payers to recognize and pay for the services we have been rendering.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join