I would not code 29999 for thermal shrinkage. I have documentation from "orthopedic coder pro" stating that if entire procedure was done with thermal shrinkage then 29999 would coded.
29888 is for acl reconstruction...that was not performed, so i would not use this cpt.
I would code 29882 for the lateral meniscus repair.
29877 or g0289 for chondroplasty and cartilage removal in the patella.
Per medicare 29877,g0289 is inclusive to 29882,however other carriers will pay for the procedure if done in different compartment.
Dx: 717.43, 717.49, 717.73, 717.83
i would also suggest buying the ingenix coding companion....i love it and would hate to code w/o it. Hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join