Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Let's start a pysch coding email group!

Default Add me too
    Medical Coding Books

3. Default
    I have been in psych for about 14 years now. I would love to be on your email list.
    I am currently having a problem with AXIS III. The psych dr documents lots and lots of History of MI, Hx of stroke, hx of gunshot to leg, hx of brain trauma by gunshot, hx of stab wounds in 1974. Each dr documents different and more often than not, no 5th digit. some assume we can read their minds as to with or with/out psychosis. I never ASSUME anything and always tackle the dr. for a 5th.
    deb cline
    Last edited by Deba Corvette; 03-19-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: jcline@eatel.net

Default emails
    Please add me jasmin.johnson@atriummedicalcenter.com

I am working now for a php, and have a lot of questions.

Question Axis III problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Deba Corvette View Post
    I have been in psych for about 14 years now. I would love to be on your email list.
    I am currently having a problem with AXIS III. The psych dr documents lots and lots of History of MI, Hx of stroke, hx of gunshot to leg, hx of brain trauma by gunshot, hx of stab wounds in 1974. Each dr documents different and more often than not, no 5th digit. some assume we can read their minds as to with or with/out psychosis. I never ASSUME anything and always tackle the dr. for a 5th.
    deb cline
    Deb, I'm having the same issues w/ the Axis III and I've only been in psych for 5 months---Medical Coding is MUCH easier!! All those Dxs that you listed are History, do you code out each one? I'm being told that we cannot code anything into Axis III, that is not being treated by the psych or is directly related to the mental condition, because our billing program pulls directly from the Dr notes..So, like we could code Hypothyroid if it caused the patient's depression (depression due to general medical condition)..Any thoughts?

Smile Psych Email List is going live today
    Please continue to add your name and email address here and I will add you to the list.
    Best,

Kimberly A. Sherman, MA, CPC
    Multi-Specialty Physician Coder/Entrepreneur
    kimberlyshermansd@yahoo.com
    www.physicianscodingservices.com

7. Thumbs up
    add me too please: postmanager1-aapcpsy@yahoo.com

Default Re:Let's start a pysch coding email group!
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlySherman View Post
    Hello fellow psych coders,

I am new to psychiatry and have not found a lot of helpful information on coding psych. There is some, such as the APA and books by Chester Schmidt. There are a few courses and such offered, but they look like they are mostly for physicians rather than coders.

I think it would be great to start an email network of psych coders, where we could send out quick questions to each other during the work day and they could be answered by anyone who has a minute to help out. We could help each other out and maybe we could all do the best possible job with our psych coding.

This is what my colleagues and I do where I work, and it works so well! The only problem is: none of us has much experience with psych coding.

Please post your email address to add to the list, or just say what you think of this idea.
    I would like to do this also-mstro10@hotmail.com. I have over 20 years billing for Psychiatry and know there isn't alot of information out there. I don't log onto the Forum everyday though.

9. Default
    I would like to join this email group. I have 15 years of outpatient psych coding experience, but I'm the only coder in my practice so I could use some support! My email address is b.threloff@csmacomb.org. Thanks!

Default Yes!
    Please include me, too. I have been coding IP Psych for about 6 months now.
    Anita Johnson, CPC, CCS, CPMA, CCS-P
    coder925@gmail.com
    Orlando, FL