Help with Botox to Armpits-submitting to ins

1. Default Help with Botox to Armpits-submitting to ins
    Medical Coding Books
    I am having trouble figuring out the correct coding to submit botox to the axilla for hyperhidrosis. One book I have says I can bill for 64650 and the Botox with J0585, but another book I have states the injection of the agent is included with 64650.

I billed 64650 and J0585 to Wellmark and they paid for both codes. The patient is pushing back since she has a higher copay now than if I just billed the 64650. I want to get feedback from my peers before I make a decision and respond.

Thanks for any help you can provide. My email is maren@kochmd.com

The administration of the injection is included with 64650 yet the botox should be billed separately which it appears you have done. From what I understand the patient WILL definitely have a higher copay as a result. Also, might want to check payer policy.

---Suzanne E. Byrum CPC

3. Default
    Thanks!

Similar Threads

1. Not submitting claims
    By Weberd711 in forum Compliance General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 12:10 PM
  2. Re-Submitting Claims
    By anissawebb1 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM