I am a CPC-A with over 25 yrs. experience in medical billing and nursing. I am looking for a position either as a remote coder or anywhere near Reading, PA.

My resume is attached.

Dawn E. Taddeo
1744 Rose Street
Reading, PA 19601

Detail oriented and quality focused professional with over 25 years of experience in medical administrative support, including medical billing, coding, accounts receivable and office management. I am looking for a challenging role with your company as a professional coder where I can utilize and build on my extensive background in order to become an integral part of your organization.

Berkshire Allergy & Asthma Center, Inc Wyomissing, PA 1995-present

CPC-A Certified Professional Coder (AAPC)
• Assign codes on all diagnoses, procedures, professional services and supplies using the most accurate and descriptive ICD-9, CPY, HCPCS and E&M codes for all patient encounters to ensure accurate reimbursement
• Chart audits – random & weekly to maintain accuracy of claim filing & reimbursement
• Claim audits – pre and post-payment review for accuracy. Correct any coding errors.
• Provide documentation training and advice to providers in order to reconcile clinical notes with encounter forms for proper code selection
• Conduct training, in-service and other education regarding diagnosis, procedure code assignment, and regulatory requirements to all members of the billing and clinical staff.
• Extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology and disease process stemming from nursing background

Office Manager

• Maintain an efficient and highly organized medical office
• Schedule, coordinate and facilitate monthly staff meetings
• Review daily accounts receivable reports
• Monitor and track accounts receivable to ensure timely payments
• Work closely with practice administrator to review over-all financial health of the practice
• Able to perform duties in both clinical and administration areas
• Indentify and resolve personnel issues
• Conduct employee interviews and evaluations

Insurance Coordinator

• Verify insurance eligibility & benefits
• Review benefits with subscribers and provide estimate of out-of-pocket expenses
• Submit & track all insurance claims using MEDENT software
• Accurate insurance payment posting and identify errors. Correct any errors as they occur
• Maintain fee schedules for multiple payers to assure accuracy of reimbursement
• Collect patient payments and maintain accurate billing records
• Patient collections

• Competent in all nursing duties associated with the diagnosing and treatment of allergies & asthma, including triage, allergy testing, allergy immunotherapy & pulmonary function studies.

Previous work experience includes:
Medical Billing/Coding : Family Practice, Medical/Surgical
Nursing : Orthopedics, Med/Surg., Emergency Room, ICCU, Nursing Home & Assisted Living,
Endoscopy, Family Practice.

Previous work experience specifics available upon request.

Feb-August, 2011 – CPC Certification Training – American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)

March 1980-June 1981 – Reading Area Community College

March 1977-March 1978 – Reading Muhlenberg Vo-Tech Practical Nursing Progam

June 1971 – Graduate – Reading Senior High School

Certified Professional Coder (CPC-A)
Licensed Practical Nurse

References Available Upon Request