1) request for opnion
2) reason for request - guidance on DM management
3) report - ?
You state that PCP wrote orders for changes to meds. Did the PCP write (or dictate) a consult report in the patient's chart? Our hospital provides "consult forms" that physicians can complete, which help to clearly differentiate a consult from a progress note. But any written communication will do, as long as the PCP indicated this was a consult requested by surgeon for advice on management of DM and he then included the necessary bullet points for the 9925x.
When the PCP takes over management several days later, those visits are subsequent hospital visits.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CPC-E/M
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join