I would look at your radiology report and see what bone was fractured. Was it one of the carpal bones, or was it the metacarpal bone, or both. Was this a traumatic (814-815), pathologic or stress fracture (733.1-733.99)?
If the injection was for symptoms from the healing CMC fracture, I would code out the symptom and the appropriate aftercare code v54.0-v54.9.
As for the injection, my opinion is a CMC joint is a small joint 20600, were as the joint of the radius and the carpal bones would be an intermediate joint 20605.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join