As noted in the Fall 2008 issue of Clinical Examples in Radiology, Computed Tomography Angiography is a distinct type of service that includes postprocessing for angiographic reconstructions. In order to report â€śangiographic reconstructionsâ€ť the physician needs to use different techniques which can all broadly be classified as 3D techniques. These include maximum intensity pixel (MIP) reconstruction, volume-rendered images, or other 3D techniques. If a referring physician orders a CT study for a vascular indication and the radiologist feels a CTA study is clinically indicated, appropriate documentation of the medical necessity for the CTA is strongly recommended.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join