Why are you coding an office visit with a colonoscopy screening on the same visit? Normally, you have to prep for a colonoscopy so just curious is all. I haven't ever coded an E/M level with my colonoscopies on the same day with an office visit for my general surgeon.
Otherwise, to answer your question, G0105 Colorectal cancer screening; colonoscopy on individual at high risk and G0121 Colorectal screening; colonoscopy on individual not meeting criteria for high risk are both for Medicare.
If there is a procedure performed at the same time as an office visit, depending on the documentation and what supports it, then yes, you would need a 25 modifier on the E/M level.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join