Hi can anyone tell me if there is a code for oxygen administation or is it bundled with the E/M code...
example patient came in due to injury to fingers....one finger needed to have a laceration repair done and the patient was also feeling dizzy so provider gave him oxygen thru tubing to nose. I am thinking this is included in E/M. Insurance is united healthcare so i do not think they would pay for the tubing under miscellaneous supplies but wasn't sure about charging for oxygen.
Also no clear cause for dizzyness was found...Provider deals with alot of high blood pressure patients but this was not the issue with this one.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join