Medicare covers the Q-codes for casting supplies. Medicare never covers A-codes, your HCPCS book will tell you what A-codes they cover if any - it's highlighted a different color depending on your version.
THe first casting is included in the Fx care code. So you would be correct in billing for the Fx care and a Q-code as long as the documentation supports it. Be aware, there is information on the CMS.gov website that the cast must be applied by the physician in order to bill for it. A simple check is not enough documentation to support that.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join