Maybe: 44202-52 (-52 for no anastomosis) OR 44238 with 49653 (-51 if needed). I don't see any edits for these codes so I'd bill it. Payer might have a policy but I appeal with info below.
CPT Assistant June '08 states "Hernia repair codes report the repair of the hernia only. Any excision or repair of strangulated organs or structures, if performed, would be reported with a separate code(s) in addition to the code for the hernia repair."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join