To decide your overall MDM you need to look at all three components and add them up.
Diagnosis/Management Options: 3 (Technically following the codes, but it is generous)
Data: 1 (now doubt that he ran a lab. Very doubtful that he ordered X-rays or MRI too)
Risk Table: Low
Overall = Low
On the risk table I would not put it as Moderate unless the documentation states the posibility of it being something like the "Flesh eating" or something like that. Most rashes are reactions and don't normally pose a great risk.
My two cents worth
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join