AAPC - Back to school

Thread: 2 Docs - Cath Procedure

Default 2 Docs - Cath Procedure

AAPC: Back to School
    MD performs R&LHC w/grafts - has difficulty with accessing the LIMA; another MD (same group) is asked to assist with this and also does vasodilator testing with Adenosine in pulm artery. I have separate reports from both docs.
    I see that you can bill a surgical assist on 93461. I'm considering whether that might be the best way to give the 2nd MD credit for his help on the LIMA (and to establish the primary for the add-on code). Has anyone billed the 80 modifier on cath codes? Other suggestions?

durham, nc

I don't really have this situation come up very often, so I have never tried to bill it that way, but it makes sense. I'd be curious to know if they pay that way! I cannot think of any other way you could bill it, unless you used an unspecified code in place of the add-on code for the 2nd doctor. But that most likely would not get paid.
    A.Dimmitt, CPC, CIRCC
    Durham, North Carolina

Similar Threads

1. ? Re venogram/cath placement prior to procedure
    By margaret fahy in forum Interventional Radiology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 05:24 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 07:36 AM
  3. Help coding! R & L Cath with Peripheral procedure
    By jlb102780 in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 2