12/12/11 I would code 27882-Amputation, leg, through tibia and fibula; open, circular (guillotine) and for 12/16/11 I would code 27880-Amputation, leg, through tibia and fibula.
You stated the 12/16/11 was staged so I am assuming the provider made notation that they would need to further amputate the leg? Or was this unplanned at the time of the first surgery?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join