Whether or not you need the -25 for a new patient may vary by payer, but it would not be incorrect to expect to be paid for BOTH a new patient E&M and a procedure done on the same day, like an I&D. Check your payer rules to determine if the -25 is needed. If the provider had to take some history, determine med allergies and past health issues as part of the evaluation for the condition requiring the procedure, then clearly and E&M service was performed and should be appropriately coded and submitted for reimbursement.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join