Our orthopedic surgeons are using CPT 20610 injection of major joint for the Supartz, Hyalgan, and Synvisc-One in the office. (Arthrocentesis = puncture into joint)
They could also use CPT 20610 in the outpatient setting with or w/o imaging guidance.
Per Ingenix Orthopedics-Lower: Hips & Below: Arthrogram, CPT 27370, "Air, and either a single or double contrast agent is injected into the femoropatellar space. This procedure includes introduction of a catheter and injection of contrast dye for a radiologic procedure."
Does that help?
Donna Christian, CCS-P, COSC (2011)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join