I worked in a FQHC for twelve years before moving on to a position where I am strictly coding now. However before I left, I ran into these same problems, and researched them myself and was getting paid on the claims before I left.
You are correct in your research. I was using 9 "information not available" and "01" discharged home unless in the progress note I was informed that the patient was transported to hospital in that case, I believe there was another number to use. I done both the coding and billing at the FQHC so I had access to the information necessary to perform the job.
Clinical Coder II
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join