With the exception of Melanoma, most everything that end in the suffix of -oma (Tumor) will fall under Musc/Skel. The most important thing is the site of origin. If the -oma originates from anything other than Skin, it will be Musc/Skel. If it starts in the skin and works it's way down, as with Melanomas, you will code skin and whatever layered closure that is done.
In your case, Lipoma (fatty TUMOR) originates from under the skin and is a Musc/Skel code based on depth (subcu v subfascia) and size (<5 v >5).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join