I am a little confused about the use of follow up exam codes (V67). I have seen two used; V67.4- f/u exam following tx of healed fracture and V67.09- f/u exam following other surgery. At what point should the pt be switched from an aftercare code, ex V54.12, to V67.4? If during that visit the notes state "pt's fracture has healed" shouldn't that visit still be coded as aftercare since the determination regarding the fracture being healed was made that day?
In addition what are any additional guidelines re V67.09. My understanding is this code would not be appropriate for post operative visits during the global period. I would only apply this for possibly a yearly follow up. Does anyone have additional information or sources regarding this code?
I appreciate any guidance.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join