Did MCR change their policy again on bilateral billing of 64613?

Default Did MCR change their policy again on bilateral billing of 64613?
    Exam Training Packages
    Do any of you know if there has been a revision to MCR's last policy of removing the bilateral status indicator for this code? It was removed last year, and now it has returned, but there has been no formal announcement. What should we be doing to find out whether or not bilateral status has truely been re-instated?
    ---Suzanne E. Byrum CPC
    Palmetto-Nevada
    Noridian-WA

Kinda sad to have to reply to myself, but in case others who use these codes need to know, effective 1/1/12 MCR has restored bilateral status indicator to 64613 and 64614. They had removed it last April, but it has been restored to bilateral status "1" . I found the news in the Feb 2012 Coding Edge magazine on p. 11 which arrived today. Hope others find this information useful! ---Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by ollielooya View Post
    Kinda sad to have to reply to myself, but in case others who use these codes need to know, effective 1/1/12 MCR has restored bilateral status indicator to 64613 and 64614. They had removed it last April, but it has been restored to bilateral status "1" . I found the news in the Feb 2012 Coding Edge magazine on p. 11 which arrived today. Hope others find this information useful! ---Suzanne
    It is frustrating to not get replies but thanks so much for researching and letting us know what you found! This info will certainly come in handy here in my clinic!!
    Meagan Strauss, CPC, CEMC
    Coding Coordinator
    The NeuroMedical Center
    Baton Rouge, LA