Since the twin was delivered before 22 wks, you can't use the delivery codes; you'll need to bill the (I'm assuming hospital) appropriate hospital admission code, 99221-99223, (prob 99223 since the work of a delivery was done) and use cpt 651.30 or 651.33 for twin preg w/ fetal loss & retention of one fetus.
I'd continue using the 651.33 throughout her pregnancy, as well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join