Hi. I posted this in general surgery but maybe Ineed womans health. My physician performed a colonoscopy with biopsy and then performed a vaginal speculum exam while the patient was still under. No biopsies were taken. Would this also be coded? If so, what CPT do I use? Is it just a pelvic exam under anesthesia or is it considered a colposcopy?
I was kind of looking at 57410 or 57420 but I have no idea if I can code this. It is a separate paragraph dedicated strictly to the vaginal speculum exam and is well documented. Any thoughts from anyone?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join