Published in Orthopedic Coding Alert, May 2010
Question: Our physicianâ€™s notes state that he debrided a patientâ€™s long, pointy-looking greater tuberosity. He documented that he performed a tuberoplasty. What is tuberoplasty, and is it bundled with rotator cuff repair?Washington Subscriber
Answer: You should be able to report both codes, but realize that CPT does not include a code for tuberoplasty. If the surgeon completed the procedure arthroscopically, you would submit 29827 (Arthroscopy, shoulder, surgical; with rotator cuff repair) with 29999 (Unlisted procedure, arthroplasty). [...]
maybe 29826 as compare to code....
hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join