I know that appending modifier 51 to medicare is not needed since they are able to apply it when applicable. However in general coding, would it be appropriate to apply modifier 51 to a second procedure coded along with 92950? For example:
A question was raised as to whether or not the modifier would be needed since the first procedure was from the medicine section and not surgery.
p.s. - I posted this in the modifier discussion thread, but I hadn't received any response to it so I figured I would post it here as well.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join