We have 3 CP interns and 1 Fellow who are currently supervised in our practice.
We have recently run into a few questions that I am not 100% sure about.
These interns/fellows see clients for psychological testing and are supervised by a CP. I learned today that the CP that is supervising the psych testing is not necessarily the intern/fellows supervisor, so I believe that in the cross communication, some billing may have been sent out under the wrong supervisor. The intern supervisor and the pysch testing supervisor meet, however it is the testing supervisor who is directly involved in the psych testing.
My question is, does the intern supervisor still qualify to bill for services, even though the testing supervisor is the psych testing CP who is directly supervising the interns/fellow for the psych testing?
I was double checking the CMS guidelines and was unable to find the direct answer to this question.
Also, on page 96 I ran across something that was "interesting" to me.... It says that "Under the physician fee schedule, there is no payment for services performed by students or trainees."
I am perplexed by this to a point. I don't "think" this would include our interns/fellow, as they have their accreditation, but I would appreciate any feedback on this as well.
Thanks so much!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join