Isn't the standard lap appy code 44970? (Laparsocopy, surgical, appendectomy) Was 44979 used for the original surgery because it was not a standard laparoscopy, surgical, appendectomy?
Was the new procedure also done laparoscopically? Is so, wouldn't this new procedure want to be coded to 44979 (Unlisted laparoscopy procedure, appendix) attaching op notes detailing that it's a revision to remove the ruptured appendix stump, and was done outside the postoperative period of the original surgery?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join