The only way you can bill for a referral in the same practice if they are the only physicians in the area that specializes in that part of the body.
For example, cardiology they have many specialities within a practice, general cardiologist, EP, nad Interventionist , EP and Interventionist are consider subspeciality but if one of those physicians only performs a certain procedure in this part of the area, then yes that physician can see a referral from within a practice.
So for your answer would be a no, unless he/she is only physician specializes in the foot that no way else does in the area.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join