If you selectively engaged the left common carotid and then placed a stent further up into the left internal carotid you cannot bill for the cath placement into the left common, it is included in the 37215/37216 along with any diagnostic pictures.
So you would bill for the carotid stent 37215 or 37216 and then bill 36215-59 for the left subclavian plus any diagnostic pictures taken during that selective cath. The diagnostic pictures for the left subclavian will also require a 59 modifier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join