AAPC - July Freedom Sale

Thread: Coombs positive hemolytic anemia

Default Coombs positive hemolytic anemia

Can someone help me with the proper ICD9 code for "Coombs positive hemolytic anemia"?

Default icd 9 coombs positive

Go to the alphabetical index of the icd-9-cm book and lookup anemia- hemolytic -autoimmune. Then go to the tabular list, lookup that code and you will see the COOMBS POSITIVE listed.

Quote Originally Posted by mjb5019 View Post
    Go to the alphabetical index of the icd-9-cm book and lookup anemia- hemolytic -autoimmune. Then go to the tabular list, lookup that code and you will see the COOMBS POSITIVE listed.
    I use Ingenix 2012 expert version and I've not seen COOMBS POSITIVE listed. Thanks for your assistance.

Default read all directions

I use the Elsevier Professional Edition by Carol J Buck and if you go to anemia, hemolytic read the information directly under the 283 heading BEFORE you get to 283.0- my book gives information concerning Coombs. It states that acquired hemolytic anemias are also known as autoimmune hemolytic or Coombs positive Hemolytic anemia. If that isn't in the Ingenix book anywhere in the 283.XX section, next year I'd get a different publisher.

2017 ICD-10-CM Coding Book
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb5019 View Post
    I use the Elsevier Professional Edition by Carol J Buck and if you go to anemia, hemolytic read the information directly under the 283 heading BEFORE you get to 283.0- my book gives information concerning Coombs. It states that acquired hemolytic anemias are also known as autoimmune hemolytic or Coombs positive Hemolytic anemia. If that isn't in the Ingenix book anywhere in the 283.XX section, next year I'd get a different publisher.
    Much thanks