Good question. When coding these types of procedures, I go with forehead. The eyebrows are anatomically closer to the forehead than the lids.
This is how I distinguish between the two ...
def., forehead; the part of the face between the eyebrows, the normal hairline, and the temples.
def., eyelid; either of two folds of skin and muscle that can be closed over the exposed portion of the eyeball.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join