I would code it as high risk.
Beneficiaries are considered high risk if they have any of the following:
-a close relative (sibling, parent, or child) who has had colorectal cancer or an adenomatous polyp
-a family history or adenomatous polyposisa family history of hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer
-a personal history of adenomatous polyps
-a personal history of colorectal cancer
-a personal history of inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn's and ulcerative colitis
There are some guidelines in the back of the ingenix version CPT book also.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join