The reason people quote Medicare policies is that non-Medicare payer policies are often non-existent, or hard to find. In addition, even within the same insurance group (such as Aetna), individual plans can make their own policies. So, there really is no way to answer a question about non-Medicare patients other than to say, you'll have to check the individual plan.
Having said that, ACR does have their recommendations that you can use as a basis (both for your policies and for appeals). You can look at the ACR practice guideline for mammography and also search on Coding Source for their mammo Q & As. However, since not even Medicare follow's all of ACR's recommendations, there is no guarantee than another payer will either.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join