Using Ingenix encoder pro I see no conflicts but the 92226 should "stand alone": what done, why done, what was result, what done about it. The E/M should also stand alone; that is, if the procedure note was removed what is left to code? Also, does the E/M of 99233 meet all the criteria of: det hist/det exam/ high mdm? As with any procedure performed with E/M service, the medical necessity of the procedure should be clearly documented. Think like an auditor; you might have to answer to one!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join