20160430 - Save up to 35% on Everything You Need to Get Certified | Learn More

Thread: bronchoscopy

Default bronchoscopy

Airways demonstrated widening of the right secondary carina and 75% extrinsic compression of the right upper lobe with patency of the anterior and posterior segments visible. The apical segment was not visualized and likely compressed.

Washings were taken from the segmental bronchi throughout both lungs. Bronchial alveolar lavage was done in the right upper lobe. A central needle aspirate was done in the right mainstem and right secondary carina. Transbronchial lung biopsies were taken from the right upper lobe.

I am so confused on what codes are bundle what isn't , 31622-50, 31624-RT, 31628-RT, 31629-RT, this what I think should be coded per doc. Now other modifiers 51 & 59

Help
    Thanks

I believe 31622 is bundled w/other codes, but I think other codes are correct. I don't think modifiers are needed.

Any other thoughts?

Airways demonstrated widening of the right secondary carina and 75% extrinsic compression of the right upper lobe with patency of the anterior and posterior segments visible. The apical segment was not visualized and likely compressed.

Hi all come across a similar question what would the icd-9 codes be for this. Widening of carina and the extrinsic compression. I couldn't even figure out were to begin with those. Thanks Linda

Similar Threads

1. bronchoscopy
    By lakatos in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM
  2. Bronchoscopy
    By jaud63 in forum Payer/Health Plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 07:49 AM
  3. Bronchoscopy
    By ssprinkle in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 5