I am working on the exact same type of surgery!
11752 The nail matrixectomy w/tuft is soft tissue only and no bone involved.
28124 Partial excision of the phalanx would leave some in place; also not appropriate.
28825 is full or partial removal of the toe at the IPJ so this would be the appropriate code.
"A terminal Syme amputation of part of the last bone of the toe (distal phalanx) is done via an elliptical incision and involves resection of the toenail, nail bed, and approximately half of the distal phalanx, usually of the great toe. After the initial skin incision, the flexor and extensor tendons on the part of the distal phalanx closest to the body (proximal distal phalanx) are left intact if possible. Nerves and vessels are clamped off or tied, and the bone is shortened and contoured smoothly part-way along the distal phalanx. The nail bed including the toenail is removed. The wound is closed by placing the skin flap over the stump and suturing the skin."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join