L30135

Question L30135
    Exam Training Packages
    I received a zero pay on a claim with procedure 11044. The reason states: " Per LCD or NCD guidelines, CMS ID(s) L30135, a primary diagnosis code, which meets medical necessity for procedure code 11044, is missing or invalid."
    I can't find any information on how to rebill this claim, where do I use this L30135 code?

what dx did you use?
    Jenifer McPolin CPC, CPMA, RCC

I don't see an LCD or and NCD for that either but if you check the ruler in encoder pro on that code it seems to like 250.70 series better.
    Jenifer McPolin CPC, CPMA, RCC

Quote Originally Posted by dana_n_andy@yahoo.com View Post
    You cannot use the 250.70 unless specifically documented by the provider as a diabetic peripheral circulatory disorder. Documented as a diabetic ulcer you can only code the 250.80 with the 707.15, did you link both dx codes to the procedure?
    The L30135 is the LCD number, you should be able to plug that number into google and pull up the LCD for your region.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H